Monday, February 23, 2009

The Battle for Texas Real Estate






Today, February 23, 1836 (a leap year), was the day the Texians barricaded themselves in the mission building and began the 13 day siege.

It still chokes me up to think about it and the outcome. I have never seen, but I am sure it exists somewhere, a "what if" history that speculates what would have happened if Bowie and Travis had obeyed the commander of the Texas Army to abandon San Antonio. All of the historians I have read say that the delay caused by the Alamo siege and attrition of the Mexican army was crucial to the organization of the Texas government and army that was in chaos when the Alamo battle began.

Tip your hat to a Mockingbird today and Remember the Alamo!

1 comment:

Carly Sims said...

Thanks JT. You made a little piece of my dad live on and you didnt even do it on purpose.