Saturday, February 21, 2009

Texas Real Estate Broker License

Did you know that the only real estate designation that the general public recognizes is "Broker"?

I learned recently that Champions School of Real Estate® wants guys like me to become a Texas Real Estate Broker by obtaining our brokers license. Why? A real estate broker license is the only designation the general public recognizes and they claim it gives me instant credibility.

A 2007 National Association of REALTORS® Member Profile study shows the median gross income for real estate agents with a broker license is $39,100 more than an agent without one. It is only an additional $7.67 per week or $33.33 per month ($400 annually) to renew with the state as a broker-associate versus a salesperson.

It is now a national trend in every state. Why? All of the above reasons and then some! I'm ashamed to say that NO COLLEGE HOURS ARE REQUIRED TO BECOME A TEXAS REAL ESTATE BROKER! What? That explains a few things...

Well, I'm off to school. I hope my bottom is ready for the next two days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your decision to get your brokers license.

Amber said...

Interesting. I wonder if you will be the class clown or the class genious, or the class smart a*s? I choose, all the above.